REPORTS TO: Team Lead
AUTHORITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installation and maintenance of the CAT5/6 and Fiber Optic cable plant throughout various locations.
- Work closely with members of the IT staff to ensure very high levels of network availability and efficiency.
- Install and maintain Cat5/6 and Fiber Optic network cabling infrastructure to meet business and technical requirements
- Develop and implement network infrastructure changes via the established Change Management process
- Act as technical resource to relevant network matters for other organizational units
- Provide succinct and timely, up-to-date project / network documentation
Collaborate with IT team members, vendor services and others as necessary to assess near and long-term network capacity needs
- Minimum of 2 years of the Network Cabling life-cycle; consisting but not limited to the construction, installation and maintenance, and removal of Cat5/6 and Fiber Optical cable plant infrastructure.
- BICSI Installer or Technician certification(s) preferred
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Problem-solving abilities
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language